Georgia O'Keeffe's wartime Texas letters /
"This work focuses on O'Keeffe's words rather than her images. Von Lintel aims to allow the artist's voice to 'emerge as a powerful witness of her own life, but also of western America in a pivotal moment of its development.' The result is an important new examination o...
College Station :
Texas A&M University Press,
- Introduction: A Home on the Home Front
- 1916: Finding the "Wonderful Plains" of Texas
- Winter to Spring, 1917: Moments before the War and "Why Men Fight"
- War Declared: "What's the use of art
- if there is war"
- Fall 1917: "We are short about a hundred
- war and bad crops"
- Winter 1917-1918: "It's the flag and I see it flying"
- San Antonio and Waring: "Country life . . . is wonderful."