BIG MEN OR CHIEFS? : rondel builders of neolithic europe.
If there is a feature of the Central European Neolithic period that deserves increased attention of researchers and all those with interest in prehistory, it is circular architecture of the dimensions of many tens of metres, from which only negative imprints of the ditches and imprints of posts in t...
[Place of publication not identified] :
Table of Contents:
- Intro; Title; Copyright; Contents; Acknowledgements; Preface; 1. Introduction; 2. Traditional and archaic societies
- problems linked to the search for social and power attributes in the archaeological record; 3. A maelstrom of hypotheses
- origin, spread, function; 4. Rondel research methodologies, the state of research and our data base; 5. Rondel settlement case studies; 6. Rondels
- structural elements, original appearance and construction; 7. Radiocarbon dating in action; 8. What is in the neighbourhood? A summary of rondel regions, microregions, settlement patterns and site layouts
- 9. A closer look
- settlement patterns and site layouts of the STK in Bohemia10. Big Men or Chiefs? The limits of archaeological sources; Bibliography