Building serverless Python web services with Zappa : build and deploy serverless applications on AWS using Zappa /
Serverless applications are quite popular, not just because they save developers the trouble of managing servers, but also because they provide several other benefits such as cutting heavy costs and improving the overall performance of the application. This book will teach you the fundamentals of cr...
Birmingham, UK :
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright and Credits; Dedication; Packt Upsell; Contributors; Table of Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: Amazon Web Services for Serverless; Technical requirements; Transitioning from traditional server to serverless; Getting started with AWS Lambda; How AWS Lambda works; Configuration; Function code; Environment variables; Tags; Execution role; Basic settings; Network; Debugging and error handling; Monitoring; Executing the Lambda function; Creating Lambda triggers; Serverless RESTful API; AWS Lambda interaction with theAWS CLI; Installing the AWS CLI
- Configuring the AWS CLIConfiguring Lambda function with the AWS CLI; Creating a Lambda function; Invoking the function; Create-event-source-mapping; Summary; Questions; Chapter 2: Getting Started with Zappa; Technical requirements; Hardware; Software; What is Zappa?; Installing and configuring Zappa; Building, testing, and deploying a Python web service using Zappa; Building the deployment package; What do you call this environment? (default dev); What do you want to call your bucket? (default zappa-2o2zd8dg4); What's your modular path to your app function? (default dev)
- Would you like to deploy the application globally? (default n)The zappa_settings.json file; Deploying and testing hello world; Basic uses; Initial deployments; Update; Status; Tailing logs; Rollback; Undeploy; Package; Summary; Questions; Chapter 3: Building a Flask Application with Zappa; Technical requirements; What is Flask?; Installing Flask; A minimal Flask application; Configuring with Zappa; Building, testing, and deploying on AWS Lambda; A complete Flask Todo application; Prerequisite; Virtualenv; Flask extensions; Scaffolding; Configuration; Base model; Authentication; Blueprint
- ModelsForms; Views; Templates; Todo; Blueprint; Model; Forms; Views; CREATE; RETRIEVE; UPDATE; DELETE; Templates; FLASK_APP; Deployment; Summary; Questions; Chapter 4: Building a Flask-Based REST API with Zappa; Technical requirements; Installing and configuring Flask; Flask extensions; Flask-JWT; Learning about JWT; Flask-RESTful; Begining with REST; Designing the REST API; Configuring the application settings; Implementing authentication; Implementing the todo API; Building, testing, and deploying the REST API using Zappa; Configuring Zappa; Initiating deployment using Zappa
- Demonstrating the deployed applicationSign up API; Login API; Todo API; Todo API without authorization; Todo API with the authorization header; Summary; Questions; Chapter 5: Building a Django Application with Zappa; Technical requirements; Installing and configuring Django; Setting up a virtual environment; Installing pipenv; Configuring and installing packages; Designing an image gallery application; Design overview; Initializing the project; Implementing models; Integrating with the admin panel; Application demonstration; Configuring the Amazon CloudFront CDN