Irving Berlin : New York genius /
New Haven :
Yale University Press,
|Series:||Jewish lives (New Haven, Conn.)
Table of Contents:
- The fugitive
- I have discovered a great kid
- You can never tell your finish when you start
- I sweat blood
- At the devil's ball
- Play a simple melody
- I wasn't much of a soldier
- Work for yourself!
- What shall I do?
- Never saw the sun shining so bright
- Good Good, another revue!
- Before they ask us to pay the bill
- Write hits like Irving Berlin
- While the storm clouds gather
- What is a war song?
- This is the army, Mr. Jones
- To war
- And back
- There is America's folk song writer
- I've never been in a tougher spot
- We'll never get off the stage
- A worried old man on the hill
- What have you written lately?
- Diminuendo and coda.