Good work if you can get it : how to succeed in academia /
"This is a short, punchy book about the real professional life of an academic. It provides hard data on what academic jobs are like and who gets them; on how to succeed in graduate school; on how to find time to write, teach, and have a personal life; and on what a person might do if academia d...
Johns Hopkins University Press,
- Unpleasant truths about the world's best job
- Do you really want an academic job?
- Success in graduate school means working to get a job
- How to be productive and happy
- The academic market, tenure, and market outside Academia
- Exit options.