Copper shaft-hole axes and early metallurgy in south-eastern Europe : an integrated approach /
Although the copper axes with central shaft-hole from south-eastern Europe have a long history of research, they have not been studied on a transnational basis since the 1960s. What has also been missing, is trying to use as many methods as possible to better understand their production, use and con...
- Introduction; 2 Methodology; 3 Theoretical Perspectives; 4 Context and Background of the Copper Hammer-Axes and Axe-Adzes from South-Eastern Europe; 5 History of Research; 6 Copper Age Metallurgy and Shaft-Hole Axes from South-Eastern Europe
- Evidence, Problems and Potential; 7 The Experiments; 8 Metallography; 9 A New Typology for the Copper Hammer-Axes and Axe-Adzes; 10 Patterns and Trends in the Copper Axe Assemblage; 11 The Copper Axes and Living Practices during the Copper Age in South-Eastern Europe
- Considerations and Conclusions; Appendix I
- Typology; Appendix II
- Axe Marks; Appendix III
- GIS Distribution Maps; Appendix IV
- Cluster Distribution Maps (from Krause 2003); Bibliography.