The Franciscan order in the medieval English province and beyond /
Commemorating John Moorman's immense contribution to Franciscan history across five decades, the essays in this collection reflect upon Moorman's diverse writings on biography, hagiography, history, art, and prosopography. Contributors draw upon Moorman's diaries and his materials for...
Amsterdam University Press,
|Series:||Church, faith, and culture in the Medieval West.
- John Moorman, a Franciscan historian / Michael Robson
- Catching the Franciscan spirit : John Moorman and St. Francis in his student days / Peta Dunstan
- Images of Franciscans and Dominicans in a manuscript of Alexander Nequam's Florilegium (Cambridge University Library, MS Gg.642) / Patrick Zutshi
- A biographical register of the English province of the Greyfriars : a sample from the custody of York / Michael Robson
- The economic foundations of the Franciscan custody of Cambridge / Jens Röhrkasten
- The Franciscans and their graves in medieval London / Christian Steer
- Late Medieval Franciscan preaching in England / Bert Roest
- Adam Marsh at Oxford / C.H. Lawrence
- The theological use of science at the oxford Franciscan school : Thomas Docking, Roger Bacon, and Robert Grosseteste's works / Cecilia Panti
- English Franciscans and their influence on the early history of the order / Neslihan Şenocak
- Who destroyed Assisi? : the lament of Jacopone da Todi / Michael F. Cusato
- The paradox of Franciscan use of canon law in the fourteenth-century poverty disputes / Joseph Canning
- The Moorman letters in the archive of the Collegio San Bonaventura (Quaracchi/Grottaferrata/Rome) / William J. Short.