The Agile College How Institutions Successfully Navigate Demographic Changes /
"This book examines how institutions of higher education in the United States are responding to the challenges that demographic change presents. Grawe draws on interviews with leaders in higher education and case studies at a variety of institutions to provide prescient guidance for leaders in...
Johns Hopkins University Press,
|Series:||Book collections on Project MUSE.
- Part I. Demographic pressure
- Evolving demographic trends
- Updated projections of higher education demand
- New lenses for higher education demand
- A detailed examination by race
- Part II. The response of higher education
- Strategies and tactics for tackling disruptive change
- Recruitment and financial aid policies
- Retention initiatives
- Program reforms
- Reorganization, rightsizing, and other names for retrenchment
- Growth plans
- Collaborative action
- Something between Chicken Little and Pollyanna.