Art for a New Understanding Native Voices, 1950s to Now /
Art for a New Understanding, an exhibition from Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art opening this October, seeks to radically expand and reposition the narrative of American art since 1950 by charting a history of the development of contemporary Indigenous art from the United States and Canada, be...
|Main Authors:||, ,|
Baltimore, Maryland :
|Series:||Book collections on Project MUSE.
- Art for a new understanding / Mindy N. Besaw, Candice Hopkins, Manuela Well-Off-Man
- Indigenous art as a beacon of survival / Heather Ahtone
- Inclusivity at midcentury : George Morrison, Oscar Howe, and Lloyd Kiva New / Jessica L. Horton
- "I am an artist who happens to be an Indian" : working through modernism in the 1970s and early 1980s / Richard William Hill
- The fourth world and the second wave : on (non)encounters between native women and feminism / Aruna D'Souza
- Indigenous bodies : native performance and temporalities of being / Amelia Jones
- Indian art for modern living / Paul Chaat Smith.