Bad Company and Burnt Powder Justice and Injustice in the Old Southwest /
This book is a portrait of twelve lawmen or criminals or of famous events in the American Southwest in the late 1800s to the early 1900s. The events take place in Arizona Territory, Texas, or New Mexico Territory.--Adapted from the ECIP Data View Summary.
Denton, Texas :
University of North Texas Press,
|Series:||Frances B. Vick series ;
no. 13. |
Book collections on Project MUSE.
- Bullets at Bullhead Mountain
- A modern Hercules to the rescue
- Murders and madness at Millican
- Shooting him with pistols and guns
- Has a wolfish look, Is bold to recklessness
- Son, don't take your guns to town
- The plum was ripening fast
- Six-guns, sermons and sour mash
- I'm shot all to pieces, everything quiet
- Most feared gangster of the time
- Good man, bad boy, big gun
- Distractions of frontier life.