Ports in a Storm Public Management in a Turbulent World /
Washington, D.C. :
Brookings Institution Press,
|Series:||Book collections on Project MUSE.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : on management and metaphor / John D. Donahue and Mark H. Moore
- Sea change : rewriting the rules for port security after September 11 / Pamela Varley
- Unraveling a risk-management challenge / Malcolm K. Sparrow
- Portstat : how the Coast guard could use the PerformanceStat leadership strategy to improve port security / Robert D. Behn
- Pursuing public value : frameworks for strategic analysis and action / Herman B. Leonard and Mark H. Moore
- The tummler's task : a collaborative conception of port protection / John D. Donahue and Richard J. Zeckhauser
- Toward a higher purpose : Captain Englebert navigates the choppy waters of network governance / Stephen Goldsmith
- Improving port security : a twenty-first-century government approach / Elaine C. Kamarck
- Calling publics into existence : the political arts of public management / Mark H. Moore and Archon Fung.