Managing the President's program : presidential leadership and legislative policy formulation /
Princeton, New Jersey :
Princeton University Press,
|Series:||Princeton studies in American politics.
Table of Contents:
- Managing the President's Program: Necessary and Contingent Truths
- Bargaining, Transaction Costs, and Contingent Centralization
- The President's Program: History and Conventional Wisdom
- The President's Program: An Empirical Overview
- Putting Centralization to the Test
- Congress Is a Whiskey Drinker: Centralization and Legislative Success
- The Odds Are with the House: The Limits of Centralization
- Hard Choices.