Evangelical Calvinism : Volume 2: Dogmatics and Devotion.
Continuing the discussion initiated in volume one, volume two of Evangelical Calvinism further articulates the central motifs of this mood within Reformed theology by examining themes having to do with dogmatics and devotion. After further clarifying the methodological and dogmatic aspects common to...
Wipf and Stock Publishers,
- On dogmatics and devotion in the Christian life / Myk Habets and Bobby Grow
- Crossing the epistemological impasse : thinking out of a center in God and not out of a center in ourselves / Myk Habets
- "Assurance is of the essence of saving faith" : Calvin, Barth, Torrance, and the "faith of Christ / Bobby Grow
- The Word became flesh : John Williamson Nevin, Charles Hodge, and the Antichrist / Marcus P. Johnson
- Perichoretic salvation / James D Gifford Jr
- The advent of ministry : Torrance on eschatology. the Church, and ministry / Andrew Purves
- "The principal point on which our whole salvation turns" : Calvin on the vicarious priesthood of Jesus Christ / John C. Clark
- The problem with "preferential" : Should love depend upon my initiative? A challenge for reformed theology ; An answer from the vicarious humanity of Christ / Christian D. Kettler
- The vicarious humanity of Christ as the basis of Christian spirituality / Jason R. Radcliff
- The vicarious humanity of Christ and sanctification / Alexandra S. Radcliff
- Christ and culture : toward a contextual theology / Eric Flett, Andrew Picard, and Myk Habets
- The pastoral function of Calvin's doctrine of election / Victor Shepherd
- Calvin's awful health and God's awesome providence / W. Allen Hogge, MD, and Charles Partee
- John Calvin and the weekly prayer meeting / Douglas F. Kelly
- What kind of ministry? / David W Torrance
- Preaching Christ : grace, faith, and assurance / David W Torrance
- The form of formation : trinitarian Christian participation as the way of Christian formation / Geordie W. Ziegler
- On prayer and the criticism of the political and cultural positioning of "religion" / Scott A. Kirkland
- Script(ur)ing the performance of neighborly personhood : theology's transformative reading with John Calvin / John C. McDowell.