German women's writing in the twenty-first century /
"What is the status of women's writing in German today, in an era when feminism has thoroughly problematized binary conceptions of sex and gender? Drawing on gender and queer theory, including the work of Lauren Berlant, Judith Butler, and Michel Foucault, the essays in this volume rethink...
Rochester, New York :
|Series:||Studies in German literature, linguistics, and culture.
- Introduction: German Women's Writing beyond the Gender Binary / Hester Baer and Alexandra Merley Hill
- Language-bodies: Interpellation and Gender Transition in Antje Ravic Strubel's Kaltere Schichten der Luft and Judith Hermann's "Sonja" / Necia Chronister
- Matrilineal Narrative and the Feminist Family Romance / Valerie Heffernan
- The Pitfalls of Constructing a Female Genealogy : Cultural Memory of National Socialism in Recent Family Narratives / Katherine Stone
- Reckoning with God : Attitudes toward Religion in German-Language Women's Writing in the Twenty-First Century / Sheridan Marshall
- Muslim Writing, Women's Writing / Lindsay Lawton
- Popfeminism, Ethnicity, and Race in Contemporary Germany : Hatice Akyun's Popfeminist Autobiographic Works "Einmal Hans mit scharfer So?e (2005) and Ali zum Dessert / Mihaela Petrescu
- The Awkward Politics of Popfeminist Literary Events : Helene Hegemann, Charlotte Roche, and Lady Bitch Ray / Carrie Smith-Prei and Maria Stehle
- The Indictment of Neoliberalism and Communism in the Novels of Katharina Hacker, Nikola Richter, Judith Schalansky, and Julia Schoch / Helga Druxes
- Sounds of Silence : Rape and Representation in Juli Zeh's Bosnian Travelogue / Jill Suzanne Smith
- Notes on the Contributors