The trial : the assassination of President Lincoln and the trial of the conspirators /
In this reprint edition of Pitman's original 1865 version, eight leading assassination scholars provide commentary designed to guide the leader through the 402 pages of testimony by focusing on the relevant testimony as it relates to each defendant.--Preface.
Lexington, Ky. :
University Press of Kentucky,
- Introduction / Edward Steers, Jr.
- The military trial / Thomas Reed Turner
- General conspiracy / Edward Steers, Jr.
- Testimony relating to John Wilkes Booth, and circumstances attending the assassination / Terry Alford
- Edman Spangler / Betty J. Ownsbey
- Mary Elizabeth Surratt / Laurie Verge
- John H. Surratt, Jr. / Joan L. Chaconas
- George Atzerodt / Edward Steers, Jr.
- Lewis Thornton Powell, alias Lewis Payne / Betty Ownsbey
- Samuel Alexander Mudd / Edward Steers, Jr.
- Samuel Arnold and Michael O'Laughlen / Percy E. Martin
- General Order Number 100 / Burris Carnahan
- Military Commission exhibits in the case of U.S. vs. D.E. Herold, et al.
- "Lost Confession" of George A. Atzerodt
- The assassination of President Lincoln and the trial of the conspirators (p. -421).