Investment under uncertainty /
How should firms decide whether and when to invest in new capital equipment, additions to their workforce, or the development of new products? Why have traditional economic models of investment failed to explain the behavior of investment spending in the United States and other countries?
Princeton, N.J. :
Princeton University Press,
- 1. A New View of Investment
- 2. Developing the Concepts Through Simple Examples
- 3. Stochastic Processes and Ito's Lemma
- 4. Dynamic Optimization under Uncertainty
- 5. Investment Opportunities and Investment Timing
- 6. The Value of a Project and the Decision to Invest
- 7. Entry, Exit, Lay-Up, and Scrapping
- 8. Dynamic Equilibrium in a Competitive Industry
- 9. Policy Intervention and Imperfect Competition
- 10. Sequential Investment
- 11. Incremental Investment and Capacity Choice
- 12. Applications and Empirical Research.