The annoying difference : the emergence of Danish neonationalism, neoracism, and populism in the post-1989 world /
"The Muhammad cartoon crisis of 2005-2006 in Denmark caught the world by surprise as the growing hostilities toward Muslims had not been widely noticed. Through the methodologies of media anthropology, cultural studies, and communication studies, this book brings together more than thirteen yea...
New York :
- The emergence of neonationalism and neoracism in the post-1989 world
- A newspaper campaign unlike any other
- The end of tolerance?
- The Danish cultural world of unbridgeable differences
- The Mona Sheikh story, 2001
- Mediated Muslims : Jyllands-Posten's coverage of Islam, 2001
- The response from Muslim readers and viewers
- The original spin : freedom of speech as Danish news management
- A political struggle in the field of journalism
- The narrative of "incompatibility" and the politics of negative dialogues in the Danish cartoon affair
- "We have to explain why we exist."