Laboratory life : the construction of scientific facts /
This highly original work presents laboratory science in a deliberately skeptical way: as an anthropological approach to the culture of the scientist. Drawing on recent work in literary criticism, the authors study how the social world of the laboratory produces papers and other "texts, "a...
Princeton, N.J. :
Princeton University Press,
Table of Contents:
- 1. From order to disorder
- 2. An anthropologist visits the laboratory
- 3. The construction of a fact: the case of TRF(H)
- 4. The microprocessing of facts
- 5. Cycles of credit
- 6. The creation of order out of disorder.