The American revolution of 1800 : how Jefferson rescued democracy from tyranny and faction and what this means today /
In this brilliant historical classic, Dan Sisson provides the definitive window into key concepts that have formed the backdrop of our democracy: the nature of revolution, stewardship of power, liberty, and the ever-present danger of factions and tyranny. Most contemporary historians celebrate Jeffe...
San Francisco :
|Edition:||40th anniversary ed.|
Presidents > United States > Election > 1800.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction by Thom Hartmann
- The idea of a non-party state
- The idea of revolution
- The idea of revolution: conspiracy and counterrevolution
- The principles of the American and French revolutions
- The politics of faction
- The Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions and threats to the First Amendment
- The politics of the revolution of 1800: prelude
- The politics of the revolution of 1800: revolution
- Afterword by Thom Hartmann.