The handbook of design management /
The management of design has emerged as central to the operational and strategic options of any successful organization. The Handbook of Design Management presents a state-of-the-art overview of the subject - its methodologies, current debates, history and future. The Handbook covers the breadth of...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Oxford ; New York :
- Foreword / Peter Gorb
- General introduction : design management : a reflection / Rachel Cooper and Sabine Junginger
- Traditions and origins of design management. Editorial introduction / Sabine Junginger and Rachel Cooper ; A place for design in management education? / L. Bruce Archer ; Design management : why is it needed now? / Michael Farr ; Silent design / Peter Gorb and Angela Dumas ; The designer and manager syndrome / Sir Misha Black ; Organising design activities / Mark Oakley ; Design : a powerful but neglected strategic tool / Philip Kotler and G. Alexander Rath ; Into a changing world / James Pilditch
- New educational perspectives for designers and managers. Editorial introduction / Sabine Junginger and Rachel Cooper ; New approaches to design and management in India / Anuja Agarwal, Uday Salunkhe and Surya Vanka ; User-centred design and design-centred business schools / David Dunne ; Mutual inspiration and learning between management and design / Ralph Bruder ; Manifesto for the M(B)A in designing better futures / Lucy Kimbell
- Design, management and the organization. Editorial introduction / Sabine Junginger and Rachel Cooper ; Embedding design practice within organizations / Angela Meyer ; Challenges of design management in construction / Paolo Tombesi and Jennifer Whyte ; A prospective of service design management : past, present and future / W.J. Hollins ; Successful design management in small and medium-sized businesses / Davide Ravasi and Ileana Stigliani ; A study on the value and applications of integrated design management / Thomas Lockwood ; Changes in the role of designers in strategy / Kyung-won Chung and Yu-Jin Kim ; Design strategic value revisited : a dynamic theory for design as organization function / Brigitte Borja de Mozota ; Design management as integrative strategy / Lisbeth Svengren Holm ; The role of design in innovation : a status report / Bettina von Stamm ; Connecting marketing and design / Margaret Bruce ; Design economy : value creation and profitability / Tore Kristensen and Gorm Gabrielsen ; Design transformations : measuring the value of design / David Hands ; Major challenges for design leaders over the next decade / Alan Topalian ; Design leadership : current limits and future opportunities / Frans Joziasse
- Into a changing world. Editorial introduction / Sabine Junginger and Rachel Cooper ; The evolution of design and design management in China / Cai Jun ; Construction principles and design rules in the case of circular design / A. Georges, L. Romme and Gerard Endenburg ; A critical Scandinavian perspective on the paradigms dominating design management / Ulla Johansson and Jill Woodilla ; Public policy and public management : contextualizing service design in the public sector / Sabine Junginger and Daniela Sangiorgi ; New design business models : implications for the future of design management / Rachel Cooper, Martyn Evans and Alex Williams ; Working the crowd : crowdsourcing as a strategy for co-design / Mike Press ; On managing as designing / Richard J. Boland, Jr ; Conclusions : design management and beyond / Rachel Cooper and Sabine Junginger.