Frontier life in ancient Peru : the archaeology of Cerro la Cruz /
Melissa Vogel's Frontier Life in Ancient Peru offers a new perspective on ancient Peruvian life and geopolitics during a pivotal period of Andean cultural transformation between AD 900 and AD 1300.
University Press of Florida,
- Introduction : geopolitical boundaries in Andean prehistory
- A time and place of transition : the north coast of Peru, AD 900-1350
- Archaeological approaches to peripheries
- Investigating peripheries : the site of Cerro la Cruz
- Life on the edge of the Casma polity
- The geopolitical landscape of the Peruvian coast in late prehistory
- Conclusion : conquest and abandonment.