Polymers, liquids and colloids in electric fields : interfacial instabilities, orientation and phase transitions /
This unique book aims to expose the reader to a wide range of phenomena occurring when soft matter systems are put under the influence of an external electric field. The book shows how an electric field can be used to affect objects at the submicron scale, and how it controls the phase behavior of l...
Singapore ; Hackensack, N.J. :
World Scientific Pub. Co.,
|Series:||Series in soft condensed matter ;
v. 2. |
Table of Contents:
- ch. 1. The phenomenology of modulated phases : from magnetic solids and fluids to organic films and polymers / D. Andelman and R.E. Rosensweig
- ch. 2. Solvation Effects of ions and ionic surfactants in polar fluids / A. Onuki
- ch. 3. Change of critical mixing temperature in a uniform electric field / K. Orzechowski
- ch. 4. Electrohydrodynamic instabilities of thin liquid films / T.P. Russell and J. Bae
- ch. 5. Electrowetting : the external switch on the wettability and its applications for manipulating drops / F. Mugele
- ch. 6. Phase separation and morphology of polymer mixtures driven by light / Q. Tran-Cong-Miyata and H. Nakanishi
- ch. 7. Thermodynamics and the phase diagrams of block copolymers in electric fields / M. Schick
- ch. 8. Orienting and tuning block copolymer nanostructures with electric fields / A. Boeker and K. Schmidt
- ch. 9. Block copolymers under an electric field : a dynamic density functional approach / A.V. Zvelindosky and G.J.A. Sevink.