Personnel economics in imperfect labour markets /
This comprehensive textbook on personnel economics is the first of its kind to be written with reference to imperfect markets. Building on traditional analysis which assumes perfectly competitive labour markets, this book introduces students to the key personnel issues faced when firms and managemen...
Oxford University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Personnel economics and non-competitive labour markets
- The optimal skill ratio
- The hours-employment trade-off
- Temporary or permanent?
- Managing adverse selection in recruiting
- Optimal compensation schemes : foundation
- Pay for performance with wage constraints
- Further issues in compensation
- Training and human capital investment
- Training investment in imperfect labour markets
- Job destruction
- Further issues in employment protection legislation
- Teams and group incentives.