Natural experiments : ecosystem-based management and the environment /
This systematic assessment of seven prominent initiatives - in Texas, California, Florida and Arizona - evaluates the effectiveness of ecosystem-based management at protecting the environment. The author concludes that projects that set goals based on stakeholder collaboration are less likely to res...
Cambridge, Mass. :
|Series:||American and comparative environmental policy.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Introduction
- 2. Why Ecosystem-Based Management?
- 3. Setting Aside Habitat for Songbirds, Salamanders, and Spiders in Austin, Texas
- 4. Saving San Diego's Coastal Sage Scrub
- 5. Restoring South Florida's River of Grass
- 6. Averting Ecological Collapse in California's Bay-Delta
- 7. Conserving the Sonoran Desert in Pima County, Arizona
- 8. Re-creating Central Florida's Meandering Kissimmee River
- 9. Making History in the Mono Basin
- 10. Ecosystem-Based Management and the Environment.