George W. Bush : evaluating the president at midterm /
"Bringing together presidential scholars, leading voices on the presidency, and former White House aides, this book provides a timely and thorough assessment of George W. Bush at the historic midpoint of his presidency. The book covers Bush's character and leadership style, domestic policy...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
State University of New York Press,
|Series:||SUNY series in the presidency.
- The arbiter of fate : the presidential character of George W. Bush / Bill Kirtley
- Compassionate conservatism meets communitarianism / W.W. Riggs
- The embryonic stem cell debate and the battle between politics and ethics / Bryan Hilliard
- An early assessment of president George W. Bush and the environment / Glen Sussman, Byron W. Daynes
- Vigor and vacillation : an early assessment of Bush's economic policy / Chris J. Dolan
- Ironing out reelection : George W. Bush and the politics of steel / Douglas M. Brattebo
- The politics behind Bush's no child left behind initiative : ideas, elections, and top-down education reform / Robert Maranto, Laura Coppeto
- The Bush doctrine : redefining the U.S. role in world politics for the twenty-first century? / Cameron G. Thies
- A united front? : The Bush administration, coalition diplomacy, and the military campaign in Afghanistan / Tom Lansford
- The Bush military tribunal : relying on the Nazi saboteur case / Louis Fisher
- The war on terrorism and homeland security : presidential and congressional challenges / Richard S. Conley
- The Bush White House : comparisons with previous White Houses / Bradley H. Patterson, Jr
- Vice president Dick Cheney : trendsetter or just your typical veep? / Jack Lechelt
- "Comforter in chief" : the transformation of First Lady Laura Bush / Robert P. Watson
- Conclusion / Robert P. Watson, Tom Lansford, Bryan Hilliard.