American studies : a user's guide /
"American Studies has long been a welcoming home for adventurous intellectuals. Whether blurring disciplines or fighting for social justice, students of the field have generated new ways of understanding the culture and politics of the United States in a global context. But what happens when th...
Oakland, California :
University of California Press,
- Introduction : the object of American studies
- Why History?
- Four American studies mixtapes
- An institutional history of American studies (or, what's the matter with mixtapes?)
- Method and methodology
- Texts : an interpretive toolkit
- Archives : a curatorial toolkit
- Genres and formations : an analytical toolkit
- Power : a theoretical toolkit
- A few thoughts on ideas and arguments
- Dispenser : a case study.