Choice : cooperation, enterprise, and human action /
Human Action-a treatise on laissez-faire capitalism by Ludwig von Mises-is a historically important and classic publication on economics, and yet it can be an intimidating work due to its length and formal style. Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action, however, skillfully relays the main...
Oakland, CA :
|Series:||Independent studies in political economy.
- The science of economics and human action
- The definition and components of action
- Economic theory versus historical understanding
- Further economic concepts and principles flowing from action
- Human society and the division of labor
- The role of ideas and the importance of reason
- Even the economists missed the importance of monetary calculation
- What economic calculation can and can't do
- Defining and studying the market economy
- How prices are formed on the market
- Indirect exchange and money
- The Misesian approach to money & banking
- Capital, time preference, and the theory of interest
- Austrian business cycle theory
- The impossibility of economic calculation under socialism
- Government intervention in the market economy
- Economics and public opinion.