Holocaust representations in history : an introduction /
"Holocaust Representations in History is an introduction to critical questions and debates surrounding the depiction, chronicling and memorialization of the Holocaust through the historical analysis of some of the most provocative and significant works of Holocaust representation. In a series o...
London ; New York :
Bloomsbury Academic, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc,
|Series:||Perspectives on the Holocaust.
- PART ONE The 1940s and 1950s
- 1 The Boy in the Warsaw Ghetto(photograph, 1943): What Do Iconic Photographs Tell Us About the Holocaust?
- 2 Nazi Concentration Camps(documentary film, 1945): Can the Holocaust Be Adequately Represented on Film?
- 3 Yizker-bukh Khelm (memorial book, 1954): How Did Jews Talk About the Holocaust in Its Aftermath?
- 4 The Diary of Anne Frank(drama, 1955): What is the Americanization of the Holocaust?
- 5 Night (memoir, 1956/1958): What Does It Mean To Be a Holocaust Survivor?
- PART TWO The 1960s and 1970s
- 6 Eichmann in Jerusalem (book, 1963): What Role Do Trials Play in How We Remember the Holocaust?
- 7 The Deputy (drama, 1963): What Role Did the Catholic Church Play in the Holocaust?
- 8 Il portiere di notte (The Night Porter) (film, 1974): What is the Ongoing Appeal of the Holocaust and Nazism?
- 9 Holocaust: The Story of the Family Weiss (television, 1978): Do Representations for Mass Audiences Trivialize the Holocaust?
- PART THREE The 1980s and 1990s
- 10 Shoah (film, 1985): What is the Role of Witness Testimony in Representations of the Holocaust?
- 11 Maus: A Survivor's Tale(graphic novel, 1986--1991): How is the Memory of the Holocaust Transmitted Across Generations?
- 12 United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (museum, 1993): How Do Countries Outside Germany Commemorate the Holocaust?
- 13 Fragments: Memories of a Wartime Childhood (fiction, 1996): What Does it Mean to Lie About the Holocaust?
- PART FOUR The 2000s and Beyond
- 14 The Children's Holocaust Memorial (memorial, 2001): How is the Holocaust Used to Teach About Diversity?
- 15 Mirroring Evil: Nazi Imagery/Recent Art (museum exhibition,2002): Has the Memory of the Holocaust Become Too Commercial?
- 16 Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (memorial, 2005): Is There an End to Holocaust Memory?