The Iraq War : European perspectives on politics, strategy and operations /
We are living amidst the fallout of the most controversial conflict of our times. This book is a tough examination of how and why it was fought and of its continuing effects.This major new work contains analysis of the Iraq War from several different academic, as well as military perspectives. Its e...
London ; New York :
|Series:||Contemporary security studies.
Table of Contents:
- Puzzles and propositions of the Iraq War / Jan Angstrom
- What were the Bush Administration's goals in invading Iraq? / Jan Hallenberg
- The Iraq War and the transatlantic relationship / Bo Huldt
- Russia's choice : preserve the status quo / Charlotte Wagnsson
- Iraq's political strategy before and during the war / Roger Karlsson
- Sweden, the Western world and the war that saw the birth of Iraq : implications of the events in 1914-1921 for the present conflict / Lars Ericson
- The Iraq War and international law : from Hugo Grotius to George W. Bush / Ove Bring and Per Broström
- Brute force or coercion : two perspectives on conflict management / Stefan Ring
- Doctrine, expertise and arms in combination : a reflection on the Iraq War / Anders Cedergren
- The Iraq air war in 2003 : back to the future? / Magnus Bengtsson, Claes Bergström, Nils-Göran Bernebring, Roland Jostrup, Richard Lindborg, Lars-Johan Nordlund, Jan Reuterdahl, Johan Wiktorin
- The struggle for credibility during the Iraq War / Kristina Riegert and Anders Johansson
- Conclusions / Jan Hallenberg and Håkan Karlsson.