Service industries and Asia-Pacific cities : new development trajectories /
During the second half of the twentieth century, development in the Asia-Pacific region has been dominated by industrialization. However, at the beginning of the twenty-first century, services, in particular, finance, information and creative services, have become deeply embedded in the processes of...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
London ; New York :
|Series:||Routledge studies in the growth economies of Asia ;
- Service industries and Asia-Pacific cities : introduction and overview / P.W. Daniels, K.C. Ho and T.A. Hutton
- Services, globalization and the Asia-Pacific Region / P.W. Daniels
- Services and urban development in the Asia-Pacific Region / T.A. Hutton
- The social geography of the service economy in global cities / David Ley
- Service industries and occupational change / K.C. Ho
- The bazaar and the normal : informalization and tertiarization in urban Asia / Michael Leaf
- Localizing international business services investment : the advertising industry in Southeast Asia / Larissa Muller
- Producer services and industrial linkages in the Hong Kong-Pearl River Delta region / Anthony G.O. Yeh
- Hong Kong's changing role as a global city : the perspective of Japanese electronic MNCs / David W. Edgington and Roger Hayter
- Assembling the 'global schoolhouse' in Pacific Asia : the case of Singapore / Kris Olds and Nigel Thrift
- Air cargo services, global production networks and competitive advantage in Asian city-regions / Thomas R. Leinbach and John T. Bowen, Jr.
- Understanding mega city-region development : a case study of Melbourne / Kevin O'Connor
- Service industries and development trajectories in the Seattle metropolitan region / W.B. Beyers
- Service industries and transformation of city-regions in globalizing China : new testing ground for theoretical reconstruction / George C.S. Lin
- IT service industries and the transformation of Seoul / Sam Ock Park and Ji Sun Choi
- Epilogue / P.W. Daniels, K.C. Ho and T.A. Hutton.