Hitler and the Germans /
Between 1933 & 1938, Eric Voegelin published four books that expressly stated his opposition to the increasingly powerful Hitler regime. As a result, he was forced to leave his homeland in 1938. Twenty years later, he returned to Germany as a professor of political science at Ludwig-Maximilian U...
Columbia, Mo. :
University of Missouri Press,
|Series:||Voegelin, Eric, 1901-1985. Works. 1989 ;
v. 31. |
- Eric Voegelin's "Hitler and the Germans"
- Lectures in the Context of the Germans'
- Treatment of Their Nazi Past / Detlev Clemens
- The Philosophical Context of the "Hitler and the Germans" Lectures / Brendan Purcell 21
- Part I. Descent into the Abyss
- 2. Development of Diagnostic Tools 70
- 3. Descent into the Academic Abyss as Manifested by Schramm's "Anatomy of a Dictator" 110
- 4. Descent into the Ecclesiastical Abyss: The Evangelical Church 155
- 5. Descent into the Ecclesiastical Abyss: The Catholic Church 184
- 6. Descent into the Legal Abyss 213
- Part II. Toward a Restoration of Order
- 7. First and Second Reality in Ancient, Post-medieval, and Modern Times of Crisis 239
- 8. The Greatness of Max Weber 257.