When bad grammar happens to good people : how to avoid common errors in English /
Contains a comprehensive reference guide designed to identify and correct the most common errors in written and spoken English including pronoun use, verb tenses, modifiers, and mispronounced words.
Franklin Lakes, NJ :
- Foreword / Edward W. Rosenheim
- Introduction : how do we learn to speak correctly?
- Grammar review
- Chap. 1. Perplexing pronouns
- Chap. 2. Vexing verbs
- Chap. 3. Ambiguous agreements
- Chap. 4. Mangled modifiers
- Chap. 5. Problem prepositions
- Chap. 6. Confused connections
- Chap. 7. Puzzling plurals
- Chap. 8. Mixing up words that sound the same
- Chap. 9. Mixing up words that look the same
- Chap. 10. Mixing up words whose meanings are related
- Chap. 11. Made-up words
- Chap. 12. Wasteful words and infelicities
- Chap. 13. Mispronounced words
- Review tests
- About the author and editor.