Integrated behavioral healthcare : positioning mental health practice with medical/surgical practice /
Healthcare is now practiced in a different financial and delivery system than it was two decades ago. Currently managed care defines what is treated, how, by whom and for what reimbursement. Mental health professionals have been greatly impacted by these changes to their practice, and yet, there is...
San Diego :
|Series:||Practical resources for the mental health professional.
- N.A. Cummings, The History of Behavioral Healthcare: A perspective from a lifetime of involvement.
- N.A. Cummings, A New Vision of Healthcare for America.
- Chapter 2 Discussion
- A.E. Fruzzetti, Medical Health Care and Mental Health Care: Integration and/or Partnership.
- K. Strosahl, The Integration of Primary Care and Behavioral Health: Type II Change in the Era of Managed Care.
- Chapter 3 Discussion
- L. Hayes, Take Me to Your Leader!
- J. Kent and M. Gordon, Programmatic Approaches to Care and Outcomes: The Medical Co-Management Group Appointment.
- Chapter 4 Discussion
- G. Hayes, Reinventing the Team Model: Can Quality and Lower Cost go Hand in Hand?
- J.D. Slay, Jr., C. Mcleod, and J.N. Johnson, Organizing a Collaborative Healthcare Delivery System in a Medical Setting.
- Chapter 5 Discussion
- M. Gutride, A Review of the Collaborative Care Project.
- R. Dyer, Behavioral Technologies in Disease Management: A New Service Model for Working with Physicians.
- Chapter 6 Discussion
- B. Kohlenberg, Persuasion Criteria in the Business of Disease Management and Behavioral Health.
- T. Trabin, Accountability for Quality in the Real World: From 30,000 Feet to Ground Level and Back Up.
- Chapter 7 Discussion
- S. Thorp, J. Greg, R. Niccolls, and W. O'Donohue, The Best and Worst of Times for Behavioral Mental Health Practice.
- I.A. Shaffer, Managed Care: Cost and Effectiveness.
- Chapter 8 Discussion
- O. Thienhaus, Effectiveness and Cost in Managed Care.
- S.C. Hayes and J. Gregg, Practice Guidelines and the Industrialization of Behavioral Healthcare Delivery.
- Chapter 9 Discussion
- D. Varble, Comments on Pracice Guidelines.
- S.P. Melek, Financial Risk and Structural Issues.
- Chapter 10 Discussion
- J. Wendel, Integrated Care: Potential Disaster or Golden Opportunity?
- W.G. Troy, Program Restructuring and Curricular Enhancement for Accountable Training.
- Chapter 11 Discussion
- V. Follette, Continuing Education: Opportunities for Enhanced Family Relations.
- M.S. Pallak, Managed Care: Implications for Clinical Training.
- Chapter 12 Discussion
- J.E. Fisher, J. Buchanan, and J.E. Hadden, Clinical Psychology Curriculum and the Industrialization of Behavioral Healthcare.