Technology and environment /
Washington, D.C. :
National Academy Press,
Table of Contents:
- Technology and environment : an overview / Jesse H. Ausubel, Robert A. Frosch, and Robert Herman
- Industrial metabolism / Robert U. Ayres
- Dematerialization / Robert Herman, Siamak A. Ardekani, and Jesse H. Ausubel
- Regularities in technological development : an environmental view / Jesse H. Ausubel
- Meeting the near-term challenge for power plants / Richard E. Balzhiser
- Advanced fossil fuel systems and beyond / Thomas H. Lee
- Protecting the ozone layer : a perspective from industry / Joseph P. Glas
- The rise and fall of environmental expertise / Victoria J. Tschinkel
- Environmental issues : implications for engineering design and education / Sheldon K. Friedlander.
- Engineering our way out of endless environmental crises / Walter R. Lynn
- The paradox of technological development / Paul E. Gray.