The critical turn : rhetoric and philosophy in postmodern discourse /
Concerned with criticizing representational theories of knowledge by developing alternative concepts of knowing and communicating, Ian Angus and Lenore Langsdorf bring together eight essays that are united by a common theme: the convergence of philosophy and rhetoric. In the first chapter, Angus and...
Southern Illinois University Press,
- Unsettled borders : envisioning critique at the postmodern site / Ian Angus and Lenore Langsdorf
- Words of others and sightings/citings/sitings of self / Lenore Langsdorf
- Critical rhetoric and the possibility of the subject / Raymie E. McKerrow
- Aristotle and Heidegger on emotion and rhetoric / Michael J. Hyde and Craig R. Smith
- Rhetoric, objectivism, and the doctrine of tolerance / James W. Hikins and Kenneth S. Zagacki
- Communication studies and philosophy / Calvin O. Schrag and David James Miller
- The algebra of history : Merleau-Ponty and Foucault on the rhetoric of the person / Richard L. Lanigan
- Learning to stop : a critique of general rhetoric / Ian Angus.