Popular culture and political change in modern America /
State University of New York Press,
|Series:||SUNY series in popular culture and political change.
Table of Contents:
- Popular culture and politics in modern America / Ronald Edsforth
- Coxey's army as a millennial movement / Michael Barkun
- Progressive reform, censorship, and the motion picture industry 1909-1917 / Nancy Rosenbloom
- Press and the Red Scare, 1919-1921 / Howard Abramowitz
- Encountering mass culture at the Grassroots : the experience of Chicago workers in the 1920s / Lizabeth Cohen
- Affluence, Anti-Communism, and the transformation of Industrial unionism among automobile workers, 1933-1973 / Ronald Edsforth
- "If a body catch a body" : the catcher in the rye censorship debate as expression of nuclear culture / Pamela Steinle
- Domestication of rock and roll : from insurrection to myth / Larry Bennett
- Closing thoughts : popular culture and national anxiety / Larry Bennett.