Assessing changing food consumption patterns /
The Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences under contract from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) was charged to study the sources of data on food consumption and to suggest a system for integrating these data with data on nutrition and health status.
Washington, D.C. :
National Academy Press,
- Characteristics of a system for measuring food consumption patterns
- Relating food consumption data and nutritional status data
- The proposed system
- Some study design characteristics
- Data base requirements
- Conclusions and recommendations
- Appendix A. Background papers for workshop on methods for the collection of aggregate data on food consumption. The food system: an overview / Harold F. Breimyer ; Measurement and forecasting of food consumption by USDA / Alden C. Manchester, Kenneth R. Farrell ; A.C. Nielsen Company services / Oliver S. Castle
- Appendix B. Background papers for workshop on evaluation of methods for obtaining food consumption data. Dietary methodology / Charlotte M. Young ; Mail diary method for collecting food purchasing and food usage information from consumer panels / I.J. Abrams ; Collecting data on American food consumption patterns: an anthropological perspective / Claire Monod Cassidy ; Individual variation in intake of nutrients by day, month, and seasonand relation to meal patterns: implications for dietary survey methodology / Harold B. Houser, Helen T. Bebb ; Diary-interview technique to assess food consumption patterns of individual military personnel / D.D. Schnakenberg, T.M. Hill, M.J. Kretsch, B.S. Morris ; Possible alternative methods for data collection on food consumption and expenditures / Robert B. Pearl
- Appendix C. Background papers for workshop on nutrition and health status indicators. Can nutritional status be determined from food consumption or other measures? / A.E. Schaefer ; Relating food intake, demographic, attitudes and behavior data to measures of nutritional status / Howard G. Schutz ; Methods of relating food consumption to nutritional status and health: dietary methodology / Victor M. Hawthorne ; Anthropometry and nutritional status / Francis E. Johnston ; Relation of nutritional anemias to food consumption patterns / Victor Herbert
- Appendix C. Participants and observers.