Everyday assessment in the science classroom /
Annotation Atkin (science education, Stanford University) and Coffey, a postdoctoral researcher in science education at Stanford University, collect 10 essays on the theories behind the latest assessment techniques used in science classrooms. Contributors offer suggestions for conducting assessments...
Arlington, Va. :
|Series:||Science educators' essay collection.
- The importance of everyday assessment / Paul Black
- Learning through assessment: assessment for learning in the science classroom / Anne Davies
- Examining students' work / Cary I. Sneider
- Assessment of inquiry / Richard A. Duschl
- Using questioning to assess and foster student thinking / Jim Minstrell, Emily van Zee
- Involving students in assessment / Janet E. Coffey
- Reporting progress to parents and others: beyond grades / Mark Wilson, Kathleen Scalise
- Working with teachers in assessment-related professional development / Mistilina Sato
- Reconsidering large-scale assessment to heighten its relevance to learning / Lorrie A. Shepard
- Reflections on assessment / F. James Rutherford.