Decisions to imprison : court decision-making inside and outside the law /
This book presents empirical analyses of the normative and ideological structures of courts' decisions to imprison in the daily handling of criminal cases. It explores the ways in which the courtroom decision-making process upholds decisions as legally valid, whilst at the same time also allows...
Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT :
|Series:||Advances in criminology.
Table of Contents:
- Inside and outside the law
- The legal framework of decisions to imprison
- Decisions to imprison : a statistical point of view
- Description of the court and of the case-handling
- Organizing courtroom communication
- Decisions to imprison in the courtroom
- Ideologies of imprisonment in the courtroom
- Decisions to imprison inside and outside the law
- Closing perspectives.