Ahab agonistes : the rise and fall of the Omri dynasty /
The European Seminar in Historical Methodology is committed to debating issues surrounding the history of ancient Israel and Judah with the aim of developing methodological principles for writing a history of the period. In this particular session the topic chosen was the Omride dynasty, its rise an...
|Format:||Conference Proceeding eBook|
London ; New York :
T & T Clark,
|Series:||Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament studies ;
European seminar in historical methodology ; 6.
T & T Clark library of biblical studies.
- Introduction / Lester L. Grabbe
- Can prophetic texts be dated? Amos 1-2 as an example / Hans M. Barstad
- The House of Omri/Ahab in Chronicles / Ehud Ben Zvi
- The Kingdom of Israel from Omri to the fall of Samaria: if we had only the Bible ... / Lester L. Grabbe
- Was Omride Israel a sovereign state? / Ernst Axel Knauf
- The Tel Dan inscription (KAI 310) and the political relations between Aram-Damascus and Israel in the first half of the first millennium BCE / Ingo Kottsieper
- The Mesha stele and the Omry dynasty / André Lemaire
- Royal inscription versus prophetic story: Mesha's rebellion according to Biblical and Moabite historiography / Nadav Naʼaman
- Royal Samaria
- capital or residence? or: The foundation of the city of Samaria by Sargon II / Hermann Michael Niemann
- What is in a text?
- Searching for Jezebel / Dagmar Pruin
- A Testimony of the good king: reading the Mesha stele / Thomas L. Thompson
- Samaria, Jezreel and Megiddo: royal centres of Omri and Ahab / David Ussishkin
- The Architecture of Israelite temples / David A. Warburton
- Reflections on the discussion / Lester L. Grabbe.