Modernist radicalism and its aftermath : foundationalism and and anti-foundationalism in radical social theory /
Modernist Radicalism and its Aftermath investigates the ways in which Marx, Durkheim, Althusser and Habermas are all drawn towards foundationalism, and offers a framework for the analysis of foundationalism in social theory.
London ; New York :
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: the decline of radical social theory
- THE IDEA OF MODERNIST RADICALISM
- THE SOCIOLOGICAL CRITIQUE OF MODERNIST RADICALISM
- THE AUTO-CRITIQUE OF MODERNIST RADICALISM
- THE SWANSONG OF MODERNIST RADICALISM?
- THE POSTMODERNIST 'END' OF MODERNIST RADICALISM
- FOUNDATIONALISM AND RADICALISM
- POST-FOUNDATIONAL RADICALISM.