Integrating design and manufacturing for competitive advantage /
With more emphasis being placed on the cost and quality of new products and on reducing the lead time to develop them, attention is turning to the increasingly important topic of design for manufacturing (DFM). This involves the collaboration among research and development, manufacturing, and other...
New York :
Oxford University Press,
- Integrating design and manufacturing for competitive advantage / Gerald I. Susman
- Competitive advantage through design tools and practices / Stephen R. Rosenthal and Mohan V. Tatikonda
- Design for manufacturing in an evnironment of continuous change / Susan Walsh Sanderson
- Productivity in the process of product development : an engineering perspective / Philip Barkan
- The development/manufacturing interface : empirical analysis of the 1990 European Manufacturing Futures Survey / Arnoud De Meyer
- Modular design and the economics of design for manufacturing / Gordon V. Shirley
- Concept development effort in manufacturing / John E. Ettlie
- Prototypes for managing engineering design processes / E. Allen Slusher and Ronald J. Ebert
- Managing DFM : learning to coordinate product and process design / Paul S. Adler
- Engineering change and manufacturing engineering deployment in new product development / Paul D. Coughlan.
- Manufacturing for design : beyond the production/R & D dichotomy / Kim B. Clark, W. Bruce Chew and Takahiro Fujimoto
- Development of a model for predicting design for manufacturability effectiveness / Gerald I. Susman and James W. Dean, Jr.
- Organizational context barriers to DFM / Jeffrey K. Liker and Mitchell Fleischer
- The organization and management of engineering design in the United Kingdom / Arthur Francis and Diana Winstanley
- Epilogue / Gerald I. Susman.