China : fragile superpower /
"Once a sleeping giant, China today is the world's fastest growing economy -- the leading manufacturer of cell phones, laptop computers, and digital cameras -- a dramatic turn-around that alarms many Westerners. But In China: Fragile Superpower, Susan L. Shirk opens up the black box of Chi...
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
- Strong abroad but fragile at home
- China's economic miracle
- Domestic threats
- The echo chamber of nationalism : media and the Internet
- The responsible power
- Japan : "when the Chinese people get angry, the result is always big trouble"
- Taiwan : "a question of regime survival"
- The United States : "external troubles can become internal troubles"
- China's weakness, America's danger.