Music in the Holocaust : confronting life in the Nazi ghettos and camps /
Shirli Gilbert has produced the first large-scale, critical account of the role of music amongst communities imprisoned under Nazism. She documents a wide scope of musical activities in Nazi internment centres, and is also concerned with exploring the ways in which music - particularly the many song...
Oxford : New York :
Clarendon Press ; Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Oxford historical monographs.
- Introduction : redeeming music : "spiritual resistance" and beyond
- "Have compassion, Jewish hearts" : music in the Warsaw ghetto
- Vilna : politicians and partisans
- Songs confront the past : life in Sachsenhausen
- Fragments of humanity : music in Auschwitz.