Writing the Holocaust : identity, testimony, representation /
Zo--euml--; Waxman examines the full history of Holocaust testimony, from the very first chroniclers confined to Nazi-enforced ghettos, to today's survivors writing as part of collective memory. Showing how dramatically the conditions and motivations for bearing witness have changed, she reveal...
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Oxford historical monographs.
Table of Contents:
- Writing as resistance? : bearing witness in the Warsaw Ghetto
- Writing to survive : the testimony of the concentration camps
- Writing to remember : the role of the survivor
- Writing ignored : reading women's Holocaust testimonies
- Writing the ineffable : the representation of testimony.