Hispanics and the future of America /
"Hispanics and the Future of America presents details of the complex story of a population that varies in many dimensions, including national origin, immigration status, and generation. The papers in this volume draw on a wide variety of data sources to describe the contours of this population,...
Washington, D.C. :
National Academies Press,
|Series:||Online access: National Academy of Sciences National Academies Press.
Online access: NCBI NCBI Bookshelf.
- Introduction : E pluribus plures or E pluribus unum? / Marta Tienda and Faith Mitchell
- The making of a people / Rubén G. Rumbaut
- The demographic foundations of the Latino population / Jorge Durand, Edward Telles, and Jennifer Flashman
- Redrawing spatial color lines : Hispanic metropolitan dispersal, segregation, and economic opportunity / Mary J. Fischer and Marta Tienda
- Hispanic families in the United States : family structure and process in an era of family change / Nancy S. Landale, R. Salvador Oropesa, and Cristina Bradatan
- Barriers to educational opportunities for Hispanics in the United States / Barbara Schneider, Sylvia Martinez, and Ann Owens
- Hispanics in the U.S. labor market / Brian Duncan, V. Joseph Hotz, and Stephen J. Trejo
- Economic well-being / Cordelia Reimers
- The health status and health behaviors of Hispanics / José J. Escarce, Leo S. Morales, and Rubén G. Rumbaut
- Access to and quality of health care / José J. Escarce and Kanika Kapur
- Latino civic and political participation / Louis DeSipio.