Crowd surfing : surviving and thriving in the age of consumer empowerment /
Welcome to the world of the crowd surfer: a world in which a new generation of business and political leaders has learned how to harness the energy, ideas and enthusiasm of today's empowered consumers. The authors explore the lessons we can all learn from corporate and political crowd surfers....
A. & C. Black,
- The world seems out of control. At the mercy of the crowd
- Coe's ultimate Olympic challenge
- Trying to hold back the tide
- The corporate response. Dell Hell-a story of rebellion and redemption
- Microsoft and the blue monster
- Why Apple refuses to play to the crowd
- The crowd leaders
- Pfizer looks inside
- A political perspective. Politicians rediscover the power of debate
- The crowd answers Obama's call
- New leadership skills. Leadership and all that jazz-a postscript
- Marketing to the crowd. The crowd demands a piece of the action
- The science of participation
- The art of being interesting
- Implications for marketing services agencies
- Technology to the rescue. How the CEO blog is transforming corporate communications
- Social media-marketing's new magic bullet?
- Surviving the future
- Final thoughts.