The victimization of women : law, policies, and politics /
In The Victimization of Women, Michelle L. Meloy and Susan L. Miller present a balanced and comprehensive summary of the most significant research on the victimizations, violence, and victim politics that disproportionately affect women. They examine the history of violence against women, the surrou...
New York :
Oxford University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Drawing the contours of victim dilemmas
- The violent victimization of women: an overview of legal, empirical, and measurement issues
- Media, gender, and crime victims
- Sexual victimization: offenders speak out about their victims
- How battered women lose: unintended consequences of well-intentioned legal and criminal justice policies
- Assessing where we are, where we should go, and how best to get there.