Selected papers of the Fourth Conference on East Asia and Western Pacific Meteorology and Climate : Hangzhou, China, October 26-28, 1999 /
This volume is a collection of selected papers of the Fourth Conference on East Asian and Western Pacific meteorology and climate. It covers remote sensing, atmospheric physics and chemistry, and the impact of aircraft emissions on atmospheric composition, as well as traditional topics like typhoons...
|Format:||Conference Proceeding eBook|
River Edge, N.J. :
|Series:||World Scientific series on meteorology of East Asia ;
v. 1. |
- Foreword; Preface; CONTENTS; Monsoon Observations; The Global Monsoon Systems; The SCSMEX/GAME Sounding Networks and the Onset of the 1998 Asian Summer Monsoon; Relationship between the Planetary-scale Circulation over East Asia and the Intensity of the South Asian Summer Monsoon; Wind Changes over the Western Pacific; Interannual Variability of the Timing of the South China Sea Summer Monsoon Onset and Its Possible Mechanisms; Climate; Mechanism of ENSO-Monsoon Interaction during Mature-Decay Phases of ENSO Cycle; Impact of Land Surface Processes on Summer Climate.
- Impact of ENSO on the Variability of the Asian-Australian MonsoonsSimulation and Prediction of the Regional Climate and Streamflow in Taiwan; Summary of COSMIC and Application to Meteorology and Climate; ENSO Occurrence and Anomalies of Sub-surface Ocean Temperature in the Pacific Warm Pool; Impact of El Niño and La Niña on Precipitation and Air Temperature of Macao; Relationship between SSTA in the Western Pacific and the June Precipitation in the Mid and the Lower Changjiang Valleys.
- Analysis on Correlation and Causes of Monthly Precipitation and Droughts/Floods on Both Sides of the Strait from 1951 to 1998Pacific Climate Information and Prediction System (PCIPS)-A New Project in the U.S. Climate Prediction Center; Theoretical Studies; Tropical Tropospheric Biennial Oscillation and ENSO; Nonlinear Equatorial Kelvin Waves and CISK; Using the Equivalent Geopotential and Geo-streamfunction to Represent the Pressure Gradient Force in Terrain-following Coordinates over Mountainous Area; Typhoon; A Statistical Analysis of Typhoons Affecting Taiwan in 1897-1996.
- On the Formation of the Hurricane EyeSystematic Approach for Tropical Cyclone Track Forecasting with Dynamical Model Selective Consensus; Performance of NOGAPS on the Predictions of Tropical Cyclones Using different Convective Parameterization Schemes; An Empirical Orthogonal Function Analysis of the Characteristics of Typhoon Rainfall in the vicinity of Taiwan; A Numerical Simulation of the Rainfall Associated with Typhoon Herb (1996) Using the PSU/NCAR MM5; A Preliminary Study of Environmental Momentum Influences on Tropical Cyclone Formation; Mesoscale Meteorology.
- Convection and Local Circulations under the Influence of Meiyu Front over Northern TaiwanNumerical Simulation of the Mesoscale Convective System Observed over Taiwan Strait on 7-8 June 1998; Doppler Radar Observations of a Quasi-Stationary Mesoscale Convective System and the Associated Vortex; Mesoscale Phenomena Observed by Wind Profiler during HUAMEX IOP608; The Application of GPS Data to Synoptic Analysis; Test of the Application of Satellite Remote Sensing Land Vegetation Data in Mesoscale Simulation of Heavy Rainfall of Southern China.