Dying, assisted death and mourning /
Dying and death are topics of deep humane concern for many people in a variety of circumstances and contexts. However, they are not discussed to any great extent or with sufficient focus in order to gain knowledge and understanding of their major features and aspects. The present volume is an attemp...
Amsterdam ; New York, NY :
|Series:||At the interface/probing the boundaries. Making sense of dying and death ;
v. 58. |
Table of Contents:
- Introduction; Section 1 Dying; Hospice and the Intangible Wonders of Being / Mary Josephine Mahoney
- So That's a Completely Different Story: Competing Narratives in the Lives of Relatives Caring for Dying Patients / Jeremy Weinstein
- Death and the Sense of Self / Chris Onof
- Political Murder on the German Opera Stage Masagniello Furioso, Gnther von Schwarzburg and Rienz / Karl Traugott Goldbach. Section 2 Euthanasia; Nurse Involvement in the Care for Patients Requesting Euthanasia / Nele De Bal, Bernadette Dierckx de Casterle, Chris Gastmans
- Are We Barking Up the Wrong Tree? Questioning the Appropriateness of Human Models for Understanding Bereavement as Applied to the Experience of Companion Animal Loss through Euthanasia / Susan Dawson and Bill Campbell. Section 3 Mourning; The Saying Hallo Metaphor as Alternative Approach to Death-Related Counselling / Werner, Neil
- Remembering the Dead: Roadside Memorials in Ireland / Una MacConville and Regina McQuillan
- Untitled (Queer Mourning and the Art of Felix Gonzalez-Torres) / Emily Boone Hagenmaier.
- Are We Barking Up the Wrong Tree? Questioning the Appropriateness of Human Models for Understanding Bereavement as Applied to the Experience of Companion Animal Loss through EuthanasiaSection 3 Mourning; The Saying Hallo Metaphor as Alternative Approach to Death-Related Counselling; Remembering the Dead: Roadside Memorials in Ireland; "Untitled" (Queer Mourning and the Art of Felix Gonzalez-Torres); Contributors.